Curated: Hidden gems under the hammer
Enjoy the thrill of the chase at the next auction at O’Reilly’s Auction Rooms in Dublin 8 on May 24
In these heady days of mass consumerism, there’s a natural tendency to look back to the olden days with an air of nostalgia, a mood that might explain the current love affair with buying antique jewellery and watches at auction. Some say investing in an heirloom bracelet or an engagement ring from a jewellery store is not half as cool as the adrenalin rush of online bidding or the thrill of the chase at an auction room. And then there’s the vintage watch craze that’s having a major moment too: retro Rolex, Omega and Cartier timepieces are on most guys’ lust-lists, lending themselves perfectly to occasion or wedding gifting.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive