Cubist-esque Suzuki Jimny boxing clever
The fourth-generation Suzuki Jimny most definitely isn’t a crossover or an SUV. And it’s all the better for it
The booming trend for crossovers and SUVs began when car manufacturers realised that customers wanted machines that looked like 4x4 vehicles, but which drove in a more civil fashion. And while an SUV traditionally keeps its four-wheel-drive system, it’s usually much more adept on tarmac than it is off it; crossovers go even further, normally being two-wheel drive and based on nothing more adventurous than your average family hatchback’s underpinnings.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive