Chess with Sam Collins
Antonio Viani – Sandro Mareco
The inaugural Sharjah Masters attracted more than 50 grandmasters, including several rated over 2700. Strong open tournaments often feature upsets, and in the first round the strong GM Sandro Mareco fell victim to a creative attack by a young International Master from India.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive