Chess with Sam Collins
Aleksandr Riazantsev v Dmitry Jakovenko
The FIDE Grand Prix event in Sharjah was jointly won by top GMs Alexander Grischuk, Maxime Vachier Lagrave and Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, each with 5.5/9. The tournament attracted some criticism for its high number of draws. The following game is a striking example of how easy it is to blunder, even for world-class players.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive