Brexit casting a shadow over new car sales
There are some winners among January’s gloomy Irish figures, but it’ll be a challenging year ahead.
January is traditionally the most important month for new car sales in Ireland. The adoption of two registration changes per year hasn’t altered that, even if it has resulted in another spike of sales in the summer. Hence, the whole motor industry is wringing its hands at the final data to be released at the end of last month.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive