Breathing new life into some festive hardy annuals
If you only buy one bulker-upper this year, then make it this very cheering book
Anyone who’s ever gone Christmas shopping will be familiar with what author Nina Stibbe calls the “bulker-upper”: the sort of small present you add to the stocking (or the parcel) to make a gift look more varied, fun and impressive. And it is, as Stibbe says in her new book An Almost Perfect Christmas, “never a good idea”, being both surprisingly expensive (all those novelty books and Kinder eggs and fridge magnets really do add up) and an environmental nightmare (so much plastic tat).
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.