BMW M3 is singing its swansong
My, the BMW M3 has come a long way. The original, based on the ‘E30’ BMW 3 Series of 1985, was a boxy two-door coupé powered by a naturally aspirated 2.3-litre four-cylinder petrol engine sending about 200hp to the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.