It’s the best of good Gluck for Galway arts festival
The name of Christoph Willibald Gluck does not exactly trip off the tongue when opera revolutionaries are discussed. Not like, say Monteverdi or Wagner, but the German-born composer with the off-putting moniker made the move that changed opera forever – and even laid the foundation for the stage musicals we know today.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.