Banish the summertime blues
If you’re in need of some inspiration on activities around the country here's 25 great ideas for you
A study carried out to mark ESB Tree Week found that one-third of children in Ireland have never climbed a tree. If yours haven’t – or it’s been a while since you yourself have had your feet off the ground – head to Rock Farm in Slane in Co Meath, where you can get into the highest reaches of a sturdy old oak. Thanks to a system using a tree surgeon’s harness and ropes, it’s as safe as it is exhilarating. A two and a half hour tree climbing experience costs €39 for adults and €29 for kids. There are lots of other adventures on offer too.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive