Artists on the influence of Leonardo da Vinci
"Leonardo da Vinci was, without a shadow of doubt, my first artistic hero." Guggi
Leonardo da Vinci was an innovator who was way ahead of his time. In the 15th century, he was the only man who looked towards the future, whereas other artists were responding to, and looking at, the present and the past. He drew innovative devices that hadn’t been invented yet. He was a pioneer of ideas and taking risks, and that is still important now as an artist; creating something new.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive