Anjou amour: The city of Angers is a great starting place to explore the Loire Valley
It's a playground for history buffs, foodies and wine lovers, writes Ruth O’Connor
The last time I was in the Loire Valley was during a very hot summer with an eight-month-old baby in tow. Returning sans baby, however, has given me a whole different perspective on the place. Without the constant need to seek a breeze, shade and some form of iced confectionery, I was free to indulge in all the area has to offer: nourishment for both body and soul.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive