All the right mauves
Treat yourself to a purple patch or ten when decorating your home this spring
With Ultraviolet Pantone’s colour for 2018, this is the year to indulge in purple flourishes in your home, or just go all out mauve mad if you wish. Purple is the original colour of counterculture, and largely attributed to having both creative and provocative properties – the early Impressionists loved the hue so much they were labelled as suffering from “violettamania”. The key in making it work at home is to mix up the tones, with walls getting a more demure berry treatment, leaving you the freedom to make statements on furniture or textiles - and from cushions to stationery to sofas, there’s no shortage of options to try.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.