Albums: Iggy Pop; Post Pop Depression
There’s a reluctant acceptance that music’s original hedonists' days may be numbered
When rumours circulated that Iggy Pop’s new album could be his last, it was hard not to hear a distant bell tolling. In an era when so many of rock’s legends and touchstones are ascending to the great hall of fame in the sky, there’s a reluctant acceptance afoot that the days of music’s original hedonists are numbered.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.