In her 24-year album career, PJ Harvey has carved out so many musical niches, it’s remarkable and refreshing that she’s never settled on a definitive style. Nine albums on, she remains an artist with ever-evolving inspirations and techniques. On The Hope Six Demolition Project, she combines a series of new artistic twists. The album was recorded last year as a live art exhibition at London’s Somerset House; the band, along with producers Flood and John Parish, were ensconced in a one-way glass studio, observed but uninterrupted by a gawping public.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.