An intimate account of an Irishwoman's abortion journey
16-year-old Niamh joined the legions of Irishwomen who travel to Liverpool for an abortion
Niamh is not her real name. She doesn’t want to be identified in this article. She’s 16 and she’s sitting in the Merseyside office of the British Pregnancy Advisory Service. She’s here to have an abortion.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive