A lark in the park
Isabel Conway visits Colorado to be thrilled by the dizzying vistas of the 50,000-acre Mesa Verde national park
‘Never, ever lock your knees, that’s very dangerous on these steps,” the ranger guide warns. “Always bend them, and above all don’t freak out.” She’s mighty stern-looking. Our gasps are put down to shortness of breath at being more than 7,000 feet (2,135 metres) above sea level while we wait our turn to climb these narrow ladders snaking up the sandstone cliff face.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive