A grotesquely irreverent look at modern-day Ireland’s mores
Fiction: The Glorious Heresies. By Lisa McInerney. John Murray, €19.
It’s a great time to be an Irish writer. Donal Ryan has just won the European Union Prize for Literature, while Julian Gough recently secured a prestigious publishing deal with Picador for his latest novel. And it’s an especially good time to be an Irish female writer. Anne Enright was appointed Laureate for Irish Fiction earlier this year, while debut writers such as Eimear McBride and Sara Baume have been securing critical acclaim and accolades at home and abroad.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.