3 Wines to Try, Buy and Put By
Alsace is a deeply conservative, slightly isolated part of France where, by September, everyone seems to have their firewood cut and built into neat piles outside their wooden framed houses. So even in a youthful estate like this founded in 1959, the word “tradition” means an impeccable adherence to the best practice. In Sipp-Mack’s case, this adherence is to fully organic, chemical-free and hand-crafted work at every juncture. This is a gorgeous, precise but floral and almost silky Riesling from almost six months on fine lees; there is white peach and light acacia honey here too. Worth seeking out.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.