3 wines to try, buy and put by
Ireland’s higher tax on wine with bubbles in it has meant importers, and therefore consumers, rarely experimented with left-field producers or unknown names. They required a high price for their low-margin wine to make it worthwhile at all. So hundreds of fascinating grower producers with great reputations, but little brand image, are largely avoided.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive