Windows XP issue could hit Ireland's ATMs warns Nasa consultant
Microsoft to stop supporting the operating system used by all of the ATMs in the country, writes Emmet Ryan.
A Nasa consultant has called on the Irish banking sector to take action to avoid inconveniencing customers when Microsoft withdraws support for Windows XP next month.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.