Time to pour cold water on the rumours
A lack of clarity on the part of the government over water charges has allowed urban myths to take hold, writes Pat Rabbitte.
The bonus is the payment that dares not speak its name. The toll taken by the recession, media overkill and political opportunism are all driving an intolerance on the water issue where rational discussion is shut down. The climate is not helped by government reluctance to form up, present a front, and stop running from the loudest voices.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.