Through a lens darkly: Reality terror
On screen, it has turned into some kind of ghoulish reality television programme.
On screen, it has turned into some kind of ghoulish reality television programme. The first reports of a bombing come in. The 24-hour newscasters can hardly conceal the hint of excitement in their voices. The modern ticker-tape of text updates begins to march across the bottom of the screen. Here we go again.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive