Jane Ruffino: Internet trolls are real, dangerous people and will still exist even if we scrub the internet'
A few weeks ago, Anita Sarkeesian, founder of the Feminist Frequency website and creator of a video series about the portrayal of women in games, had to leave her house due to a credible threat to her safety. She also had to cancel an appearance at the University of Utah when, despite the threat of a violent massacre, the university refused to ban guns from the venue, citing Utah’s open carry laws.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive