So you want to discover your roots
Genealogy is the study of family origins and history. What it is:
Genealogy is the study of family origins and history. The word is of Greek origin and means ‘‘the science of family’’. Genealogical research began as a means of tracing royal bloodlines; today people all over the world trace their ancestry as a hobby, using parish records and historical archives. What it is:
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive