Small firms stand at a crossroads after budget
Reduced consumer spending could render useless any budgetary gestures towards small businesses, writes Brian Keegan.
We seem to persist in the belief that what we could afford to spend in 2007, we should still be able to afford now. None of us is terribly happy, therefore, with this budget's tax and expenditure measures.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.