Sinn Féin’s double standards Down Under
Mary Lou McDonald’s fondness for business class jars with the supposed asceticism of her party.
I was asked recently what I thought of Sinn Féin vice-president Mary Lou McDonald TD travelling business class to Australia to promote her party. I said I thought the world was being stood on its head when promoting Sinn Féin attracted the Rolls-Royce comforts of business class while promoting the country in the same destination involved jobs minister Richard Bruton taking his chances back in economy.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.