Friday November 27, 2020

Security: Know your enemy

Web-borne threats are everywhere - but are some companies sticking their heads in the sand when it comes to managing the problem? JJ Worrall reports.

31st August, 2013
Gerry Harvey, general manager, Commtech: 'As more and more people spend more time online -- be it socially or for business -- they are at risk.'

Arecent survey of 500 British and US-based "web security decision-makers" showed 80 per cent of them worked for companies which had experienced a web-borne security threat in the previous 12 months. However, many security industry experts said they wouldn't be surprised if the other 20 per cent simply "weren't aware" they had been attacked in the first place.

"There are a lot of organisations which don't know they've been targeted," said Renaissance director Michael Conway. In some cases when...

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Exclusive offers:

All Digital Access + eReader

Trial

€1

Unlimited Access for 1 Month

Then €19.99 a month after the offer period.

Get basic
*New subscribers only
You can cancel any time.

Annual

€200

€149 For the 1st Year

Unlimited Access for 1 Year

You can cancel any time.

Quarterly

€55

€42

90 Day Pass

You can cancel any time.

2 Yearly

€315

€248

Unlimited Access for 2 Years

This product does not auto-renew

Team Pass

Get a Business Account for you and your team

Share this post

Related Stories

The best writing and and the biggest stories of 2019 from the Business Post

Richie Oakley | 10 months ago

Denis O’Brien is back in court, residents continue to fight the Council on halting site and a row surfaces in government over rent control proposals

Leanna Byrne | 5 years ago