Rumsfeld’s worrying return
Last week, US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was in unrepentant mood.
Last week, US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was in unrepentant mood. Despite the ongoing disaster that has become the Iraq campaign - and despite increasingly significant signs that, in Afghanistan, the Taliban is back in business - Rumsfeld was setting about tackling America’s native critics of the ‘‘war on terror’’. He told a gathering of the American Legion that ‘‘moral and intellectual confusion over the Iraq war and the broader war on terrorism could sap American willpower and divide the country’’.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive