Humbled Healy-Rae phones in his excuses
Great men in history have a strange tendency to be brought down not by monumental foes, but by the political equivalents of a shoe-free foot carelessly stepping on an upturned plug. Richard Nixon was driven from office because of a ‘‘third-rate burglary’’.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.