Precious little va-va-Froome in this dour cycling memoir
The Climb: The Autobiography. By Chris Froome. Viking, €24.99. Reviewed by Brendan Daly.
As Vincenzo Nibali won the Tour de France last Sunday, steaming down the Champs-Élysées to a finish line that had once been almost 3,700 kilometres away, he did so without facing competition from Chris Froome, the English winner of last year’s yellow jersey. The favourite going into this year’s Tour, Froome withdrew after stage five, having fractured his wrist and hand.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.