Ewan MacKenna: The Irish athletes should summon up the courage to tell the truth about Putin's putrid Games
It was the perfect example of old and new coming together, an obvious demonstration of how it all went wrong somewhere in between. Back in the summer, on a trip to the site of the first modern Olympic Games in Athens, a handful of tourists pottered about, marvelling at the beautiful and elegant simplicity of the Panathenaiko Stadio.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive