Policy must realise that PRSI is a tax
It is time to stop pretending that PRSI is not just another form of tax on incomes, because that is what it is.
It is time to stop pretending that PRSI is not just another form of tax on incomes, because that is what it is. It is perfectly legitimate to hold some of what people pay to the government out of their incomes as a kind of insurance policy to pay for future pensions and other benefits which they may or may not need.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.