People dare eurocrats to face the awkward future
All across Europe this weekend, newspaper columnists are speculating as to what happened.
All across Europe this weekend, newspaper columnists are speculating as to what happened. Why did the populations of France and the Netherlands, founding fathers and devotees of the European Union ideal, suddenly and savagely turn on their political classes? What a sight to behold: the very millions who have spent the last two generations calmly building brick by brick the new European politics, standing back defiantly saying no.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive