New cervical cancer vaccine is welcomed
A new US-approved vaccine against cervical cancer has been welcomed by the Irish Cancer Society as a significant breakthrough.
The vaccine, called Gardasil, works by blocking certain types of human papilloma virus (HPV), a sexually transmitted disease that leads to most cases of cervical cancer.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive