Michael Murray: Where is the value in investing in the big listed retail multiples? Let's find out
The supermarket sector has been going through a tough time, both here and in Britain.
The supermarket sector has been going through a tough time, both here and in Britain. Share price falls among the majors have been substantial and some valuation and dividend yields may now look tempting. Mid-term market dynamics in the sector remain challenging. Strategies for tackling the challenges and securing recovery are key. A bid for one of the top players could also now be on the cards. There is much to ponder.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.