Michael Murray: The best learning experiences often come from case studies of things going badly wrong, especially for sector icons like Tesco
The unravelling of events at Tesco over the past five years is a good case study for investors and bankers alike.
Thirty-four years ago, I started work in a small merchant bank. On my first day, my new and highly experienced boss said to me, “Murray, you won’t be a real banker until you have worked through three recessions.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.