Mayo tycoon flabbergasted' by Euro 1bn price tag on his old firm
John Griffin, the founder of Britain's biggest taxi and car hire business, believes his old company is worth Euro 190m
The Mayo multimillionaire whose taxi business sold for Euro 380 million to a private equity giant has said he is ''astonished at the Euro 1 billion price tag put on the business.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive