A father of two who was given a blood product contaminated with the mad cow disease virus while in a hospital burns unit has been awarded more than €750,000 in damages.
The man, identified only as AB, is a 38-year-old married man with two children aged six and ten.
He set up his own rural recycling business, which employs 30 people. In May 2005, there was an explosion at the plant.
Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!
All Digital Access + eReader
Unlimited Access for 1 Month
Then €19.99 a month after the offer period.
€149 For the 1st Year
Unlimited Access for 1 Year
90 Day Pass
Get a Business Account for you and your team