Wednesday January 29, 2020

Low take-up of home bowel cancer tests reported

Just one in three adults has taken up the offer of a free home test for bowel cancer.

Susan Mitchell

Deputy Editor and Health Editor

@susmitchellsbp
6th April, 2014

Just one in three adults has taken up the offer of a free home test for bowel cancer.

BowelScreen, which is run by the National Cancer Screening Service (NCSS), said the home screening test had been offered to 100,000 adults aged 60-69 since the programme launched at the end of 2012. In a statement, the NCSS, said about four in every ten invitations were accepted. This results in BowelScreen sending out a home test kit....

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Exclusive offers:

All Digital Access + eReader

Trial

€1

Unlimited Access for 1 Month

Then €19.99 a month after the offer period.

Get basic
*New subscribers only
You can cancel any time.

Annual

€200

€149 For the 1st Year

Unlimited Access for 1 Year

You can cancel any time.

Quarterly

€55

€42

90 Day Pass

You can cancel any time.

Team Pass

Get a Business Account for you and your team

Share this post

Related Stories

The best writing and and the biggest stories of 2019 from the Business Post

Richie Oakley | 1 month ago

Denis O’Brien is back in court, residents continue to fight the Council on halting site and a row surfaces in government over rent control proposals

Leanna Byrne | 4 years ago