Leo is box office, and he knows it
Enda Kenny is likely to take the flak for his squabble with the health minister, writes Pat Rabbitte.
When the sketch writers are outflanked for colour and mischief-making by mainstream reporters, it is time for normal politics to crank up again. The jamboree kicked off by the supposed row between the Taoiseach and his new health minister dominated the news for almost a week. The finance minister’s critical tour of EU institutions, the Scottish referendum, the crisis in Iraq and Syria, the death of Ian Paisley – all relegated to subordinate prominence. Pages and pages about Leo and how the Taoiseach might look at him.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.