Leaving Cert reforms begin to yield results
Few subjects lead to more debate than the education system, but particularly the Leaving Certificate.
Few subjects lead to more debate than the education system, but particularly the Leaving Certificate. It remains an imperfect system, forcing students to cram lots of information on a range of subjects - much of which may not be relevant to whatever they want to study at third-level or the work they plan to do. All that said, however, it is also a system which has its strengths. The way forward is to continue to build on these rather than trying to engage in some kind of 'big bang' reform.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.