Israel’s actions in Gaza are morally unjustifiable
Israel is behaving savagely towards helpless people which it seems scarcely to regard as fellow human beings
Who can argue that the conduct of the Israeli attack on Gaza has not become a moral issue for all of us? To contend, as Israel has done, that a hugely populated area may, under any circumstances, be bombarded with shells, rockets and missiles, because - somewhere in its midst - a small number of militants are firing homemade rockets, is simply unsupportable. With nearly 800 dead (mostly civilians) and over 2,000 wounded (many maimed), it is clear that the Israelis have learned nothing from the huge numbers of civilians they killed in Lebanon in 2006.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.