Is time on C&C's side?
The drinks giant has to convince investors that a move into the pub trade makes sense for it.
While some drinks companies have long since given up directly owning pubs, C&C’s chief executive, Stephen Glancey, believes that if the maker of Bulmers cider and Tennent’s lager is to regain lost ground in England and Wales, then it needs to be running a pub business.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive