Michael Murray: Close Brothers' shares look like a serious performer in highly challenged financial sector.
Last week, I warned of the still substantial risks of investing in any of the major banks on these islands. Of course, you never know what might jump out at you when you invest in any company. But if you can look back over a 20 or 30-year track record and see that no major surprises have been sprung, you can surely take some comfort from that.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive