Icy relations between gardaI and Ombudsman
Relations between the force and the body set up to guard the Gardai have always been frosty, writes Michael Brennan.
Toxic. Dysfunctional. Strained. These are just some of the descriptions of the relationship between the Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission (GSOC) and the force of 13,000 Gardaiwhich it has to oversee.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive