Thursday October 1, 2020

Howlin indicates that next public sector job cuts will be 'targeted'

Public expenditure minister Brendan Howlin has said that the next round of job cuts in the public sector will be "targeted''.

4th March, 2012
2
Brendan Howlin: 'The next phase of downsizing will certainly be targeted'. Photo: Photocall

Public expenditure minister Brendan Howlin has said that the next round of job cuts in the public sector will be "targeted", raising the prospect of selective staff being allowed to retire early while others will be refused permission to go.

The current round of job cuts has been criticised for incentivising all staff, no matter how valuable, to retire.

Speaking in the Dáil last week, Howlin revealed that he was already thinking about the next...

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Exclusive offers:

All Digital Access + eReader

Trial

€1

Unlimited Access for 1 Month

Then €19.99 a month after the offer period.

Get basic
*New subscribers only
You can cancel any time.

Annual

€200

€149 For the 1st Year

Unlimited Access for 1 Year

You can cancel any time.

Quarterly

€55

€42

90 Day Pass

You can cancel any time.

2 Yearly

€315

€248

Unlimited Access for 2 Years

This product does not auto-renew

Team Pass

Get a Business Account for you and your team

Share this post

Related Stories

The best writing and and the biggest stories of 2019 from the Business Post

Richie Oakley | 9 months ago

Denis O’Brien is back in court, residents continue to fight the Council on halting site and a row surfaces in government over rent control proposals

Leanna Byrne | 4 years ago