How to rebuild a bank after a massive financial crisis
With a return to profitability and an increase in lending, analysts agree AIB is on the road to recovery, writes Ian Guider.
At the height of the financial crisis, the Irish banks’ annual shareholder meetings were angry affairs. Security guards were drafted in to flank the board members as outraged shareholders raged at the destruction of their investments.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.