God and Dr Paisley
I suspect that last Wednesday's London meeting with DUP leader Ian Paisley was an eye-opener for Taoiseach Bertie Ahern.
I suspect that last Wednesday's London meeting with DUP leader Ian Paisley was an eye-opener for Taoiseach Bertie Ahern. Notions that the peace process could simply pick itself up uninterrupted from last December's agreement, once an IRA statement ending all paramilitarism was issued, were very quickly dispelled. After its May electoral victory, the DUP is bullish and Paisley is back to his infamous, unspeakable best.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.