Gaza is at the centre of an unwinnable war
Israel’s offensive in Gaza is simply an election ploy and won’t solve anything
At the heart of international law governing armed conflict, there are two fundamental concepts: the protection of non-combatants (civilians) and the concept of the proportionality of force used. It is the blatant ignoring of these concepts that makes Israel’s attack on the Gaza strip so inhumane.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.