Garda crisis: Doubts now cast over many convictions
The possibility that calls between lawyers and clients were recorded is deeply disturbing, writes James McDermott.
In the immediate aftermath of his resignation as Taoiseach, Albert Reynolds ruefully observed, ''It's amazing, you cross the big hurdles and when you get to the small ones, you get tripped up.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive